cocoa@Recipes

Recipes posted here are all my favourites and I hope to share them with all my friends. For those of you who have tried any of the recipes in this blog, I appreciate if you can rate it for me? (On a scale of 10) ThankYOU!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, November 07, 2005

Bean Paste Balls


Commonly known as "Jian Dui"... my Dad used to call them "the younger brother of a hamburger" (Dun ask me why cos me and my sisters, including my mum...all didn't understand him. I agree that he's not making any sense... but i think my 2 younger sisters will be laughing and nodding their heads with me..

Well, they are commonly found in Singapore, but not here in the US. Some ppl might be able to find them in the Chinese markets here..

Make the filling first :

200g peanuts, roasted
40g sugar
20ml water

1. Chop up roasted peanuts
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.


To make the Pastry :

280g glutinous rice flour
1 tsp baking soda
160g fine sugar
100g sweet potato (steamed and mashed)
120ml boiling water
50g raw sesame seeds (do not roast)

1. Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds in a mixing bowl until the dough holds together.
2. Divide doughs into small balls.
3. Wrap the filling with dough and shape them into balls.
4. Coat with sesame seeds.
5. Heat cooking oil and deep fry until golden brown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home