cocoa@Recipes

Recipes posted here are all my favourites and I hope to share them with all my friends. For those of you who have tried any of the recipes in this blog, I appreciate if you can rate it for me? (On a scale of 10) ThankYOU!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, November 11, 2005

Kimchi Noodle









6 to 7 cups Chicken or Beef stock
1 stalk scallion (cut into 3 cm length)
1 tsp salt
5 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbs finely chopped garlics
4 tsp chilli powder
4 tsp korean chilli paste
1 tsp sesame oil
1 egg
Kimchi (there is always a jar in my fridge, you can store kimchi for a long period.)
Oriental style noodle (a.k.a. "asian pasta") - i used the brand "Kikkokin"

Optional :
minced meat, shrimps, crabmeat/crabstick
if using minced meat, marinate with some cornstarch and very little soy sauce for 10 min, drop a spoonful when stock is boiling.

  1. Boil stock. (I'm using leftover chicken stock), so I can forget abt adding salt here.
  2. Add scallions, and the rest of the ingredients, followed by kimchi, then beat in an egg. Simmer another 5 to 10 min.
  3. In another pot of boiling water, prepare to cook the noodles over boiling water. Add some salt and cook the noodles until soft (abt 3 min), rinse over tap water and back into the boiling water for a few seconds and transfer it to the kimchi soup.
  4. Let it soak for 1 min, covered, before serving.

The recipe above makes 2 to 3 bowl.

You may reduce the amount used for soysauce for a milder taste. I've never used exactly 6 cups of stock calls for in the recipe, becos I usually increase the stock to hot a pot to make extra soup. (Bryan always wants a second serving!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10/10
--jm

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

9.99/10!!! A must eat during winter. The reason why the rating didn't hit 10 is because the ingredients can't be found in sg. I've to live without it during the 2 months of summer this year in sg.
Remember to add scallops to spice up the taste. Slurp...

Bryan

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home