cocoa@Recipes

Recipes posted here are all my favourites and I hope to share them with all my friends. For those of you who have tried any of the recipes in this blog, I appreciate if you can rate it for me? (On a scale of 10) ThankYOU!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, November 25, 2005

Pork Cutlet

I grew up hoping my mum will make this everyday for dinner... The following is a recipe that I've gotten from her before I leave Singapore. The only way to kill missing the food she cooks is to learn to make it myself..... Unfortunately, I am still not able to find out the exact portion and the right meat to use in her recipe. I can never figure out what she meant by using "S$5 worth of "bak tou" (肉头?)". (ps : only just found out from YG that 肉头 meat is really not taken from the head of a pig... (sigh, I really thought so ... And hv always assumed it is....) So, It is through my own experiment cooking to use 2 lbs of lean pork. However, I still am not quite sure if it is near to getting equivalent ... Are there anyone who knows? Pls advise me so that I am able to improve the following recipe.

I made this for the Thanksgiving dinner. From the good feedback, I still think the following recipe is worth a try... It is actually a very simple recipe, just that I'm abit lorsoh here and go into all the details.... after some time u dun even need to refer to the recipe anymore and everything will just go into your head.... trust me!

1.5 to 2 lbs lean pork (or any part as long it is boneless)

Marinate :
2 tbsp oyster sauce (use sparingly if you do not like it too salty)
1 tsp light soy sauce
2 to 3 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sugar
1 flat tbsp cornstarch
1 egg
several dash pepper

1.5 cup Breadcrumbs (get the type used in making tempura)
several dash of dried parsley (*optional)
oil for deep-frying

  1. Cut pork into 1-cm thickness each, size wise, your preference.
  2. Beat each slice flat with a metal meat tenderizer, on both sides.
  3. Marinate them for at least 1 hour, without adding the egg. (half an hour also can, if you can't wait that long...) Place in the fridge, covered with plastic if the room temp is too warm)
  4. Remove from fridge. Beat in an egg and mix with the marinated meat.
  5. Heat oil now.
  6. Mix dried parsley with breadcrumbs, and coat each piece of meat in it.
  7. Dust the excess, make sure the oil is hot, and then place into the oil.
  8. A few pieces at a time, reduce fire to medium.
  9. Fry for at least 3 to 5 min or until it turns light golden brown and turn the fire to the max. to fry for a final minute.
  10. Drain and Serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home