cocoa@Recipes

Recipes posted here are all my favourites and I hope to share them with all my friends. For those of you who have tried any of the recipes in this blog, I appreciate if you can rate it for me? (On a scale of 10) ThankYOU!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Chicken Rice

My favourite food from Singapore is definitely Chicken Rice. They are everywhere, can be found in any food court. However, the best chicken rice I've ever tasted has to be the one I grew up with... Can never find the exact same taste anywhere else. After we have moved to another neighbourhood, its the only food I really missed. So I've been trying different recipes to cook chicken rice. I'm posting the one that Bryan likes the most... Well, this recipe is to feed 2 persons :

To cook chicken soup...

2 or 3 chicken thighs
3 cloves garlic, bruised
2 slices ginger
a few red dates
a few dan gui
a few dried scallop **optional (Bryan loves these so I hv to add...)
a pinch of salt
pepper
5 to 6 cups water
  1. Boil everything in a pot over medium fire for 20 to 30 min.
  2. Remove chicken and run under COLD running water for a few seconds.
  3. Drain and rub with some oil.
  4. Let cool.

To cook rice :

2 cups rice
6 cloves garlic, bruised
3 slices ginger
1 cinnamon stick
a few cloves
pinch of salt
pandan leaves (tie in a knot)
2 cups chicken soup (cooled)

  1. Heat wok with some oil and brown garlics and ginger.
  2. Add to washed rice.
  3. Add pandan leave, cinnamon stick and cloves
  4. Add 2 cups of chicken soup
  5. Cook rice in a rice cooker.

To make chili sauce :

I use a store-bought garlic chili sauce (abt 3 tbs) and add in some finely chopped garlics and a tsp of sugar, a little lime juice and 2 tbs of boiling hot chicken soup. (Mix until sugar dissolves)

To serve :

Cut chicken after smashing it with chopper. I have no idea why the hawkers like to do this but it certainly spread out the chicken meat nicely. Garnish with tomatoes slices or cucumber slices and place chicken on top of rice.

Splash with a dash of sesame oil and light soy sauce over the chicken and rice and serve with chicken soup.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks thanks! really appreciate this! gonna try when I have the time. :)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home