cocoa@Recipes

Recipes posted here are all my favourites and I hope to share them with all my friends. For those of you who have tried any of the recipes in this blog, I appreciate if you can rate it for me? (On a scale of 10) ThankYOU!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Samsui Chicken

I must be crazy when create this dish, I dun even know if anyone will like it or agrees with me that I am crazy. haha..

I tot it was quite straight forward to name the dish, Ginger Chicken. However, for some strange and unexplainable reason, Bryan decided to name it Samsui Chicken.

2 chicken thigh
2 tbs shredded ginger
green vegetables (ie. 小百菜)
1 cup chicken stock

Marinade 15 min :
Soy sauce, pepper, cornstarch, and sesame oil.
  1. Wash chicken and debone it. You can use the bone to make chicken stock. (Note : to make stock, just add some water to the bones, throw in some onions, afew red dates and a little salt.)
  2. Heat oil, throw in 1 tbs of ginger and pan-fry chicken until it brown on both sides.
  3. Add the rest of the ginger and fry for a few seconds, then pour in 1 cup of chicken stock.
  4. Reduce fire to medium and cover the pot, let it slow cook for abt 15 min until chicken is thoroughly cooked thru.
  5. Remove chicken and set aside. Gravy shd turn sticky at this point, not watery. Let it cook another 5 to 10 min if it is too watery. Add more stock if it is too dry.
  6. Throw the vegetables into that gravy, keep stirring until it is cooked.
  7. Then return the chicken back to the pot. Ready to serve.


5 Comments:

Blogger Linhonweb said...

I just wanted to say that Bryan is really very cute and SWEET! I love reading his comments - makes my mouth water... mmm... yum yum!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna say that she always surprises me with her glorious food whenever i come back from school, esp when i'm down or frustrated over my work. and it takes my worries and anxieties away totally. it's the panacea to my misery! in computer science term, it serves as a reset button so that i can start afresh!

she's really innovative about cooking, esp when it comes to missing ingredients and how to make do with the "right" substitutes, and how to cook nice dishes really fast from leftover ingredients when i suddenly yell that i'm bloody hungry. this is the best dish that she has created so far. while i was eating it, i tot that it tastes very much like samsui chicken. what is samsui? i really dunno.

rating: 11/10. the extra point for the creativity :)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Cocoa said...

:( what is meant by me, make do with the "right" substitutes.

Are the inverted commas necessary?

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm no lah. i was thinking abt someone else who had this problem, not u.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Linhonweb said...

Eh, I think I know who... hehehehe

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home