cocoa@Recipes

Recipes posted here are all my favourites and I hope to share them with all my friends. For those of you who have tried any of the recipes in this blog, I appreciate if you can rate it for me? (On a scale of 10) ThankYOU!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, March 20, 2006

Potato Croquettes

These are Bryan's favourites. He kept asking me why I stop making them. Actually it is really not that difficult to make, just that I really wasn't a big fan of any potatoes whatsoever... Anyway, these are really easy to make, and they're so soft and creamy inside. Must try!!

4 potatoes (medium sized)
3/4 cup frozen vegetables peas (chop lightly)
1 onion (chopped)
salt and pepper
1 egg
3 tbs butter
1 tbs shredded cheese
2 tbs milk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup breadcrumbs

  1. Unpeel potatoes and cut into chunks, boil in water for 20 min or until soft.
  2. Transfer to mixing bowl and mash them.
  3. Add peas and onions, season with salt and pepper.
  4. Add cheese, butter and abt 1 tbs of flour.
  5. Add milk and mix.
  6. Check the texture if it holds together.
  7. Divide and form into 14 croquettes.
  8. Coat them lightly first with a layer of flour, then dip into egg and then breadcrumbs.
  9. Deep fry on medium low heat.
  10. Drain oil on paper towel and serve.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cocoa said...

:)Thanks! I've only just made them yesterday and you've tried it already!!!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home