cocoa@Recipes

Recipes posted here are all my favourites and I hope to share them with all my friends. For those of you who have tried any of the recipes in this blog, I appreciate if you can rate it for me? (On a scale of 10) ThankYOU!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, May 08, 2006

End-of-Semester Beehoon


Its actually just 炒米粉. I call it End-of-Semester Beehoon as this is the 2nd time I'm cooking for the Singaporean students here during their End-of-Semester BBQ.

However, I am actually cooking this version for the first time. (Slightly different from last year's because of the uses of cabbage instead of green leafy vegetables. Bryan is just jealous that this version is better than the ones I normally will cook for him.... So, in order to cook it again next time, I gotta remember how I hv cooked this one. And also, upon Tian Lin's request, I'm posting this for her.

Ingredients :

1 pack beehoon (rice vermicelli) – I use Taiwanese brand XingZhu Beehoon
2 tbs dried shrimps (chopped)
5 to 6 shallots (thinly sliced)
2 to 3 clove garlics (chopped)
½ Cabbage (sliced)
1 carrot (shredded or julienne cut)
Light soy sauce
Dark soy sauce
2 cups chicken stock
Korean red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
Sesame oil

(Optional)
Toppings :
3 eggs
Luncheon meat
Green onions (chopped)

Servings : 8 persons


Preparation :

1. Soak beehoon until soft.
2. Beat the eggs and add a pinch of pepper and tiny bit of salt.
3. Fry on pan into thin sheets and then fold in half. Set aside, slice them when cooled.
4. Cut luncheon meat into thin strips, bake in a 350 degree F oven until golden brown and lay on paper towel to rid of its grease.
5. Heat oil, deep fry shallots till golden brown, set aside on paper towel to cool.
6. Using the same oil, fry dried shrimps and garlics together until fragrance, add in cabbage and carrot.
7. Fry for abt 2 to 3 min, add in a few drizzle of light soy sauce and then add in 1 cup of chicken stock.
8. Add beehoon, using 2 pairs of chopsticks on both hands and start to mix everything together.
9. Lifting the beehoon in all directions to cook evenly.
10. Reduce fire to medium low, drizzle in some dark soy sauce and a little sesame oil and continue to fry the beehoon.
11. Add the remaining stock, a ladel at a time to prevent beehoon from drying out fast.
12. Add in red pepper flakes, and some white pepper and done.
13. Garnish with fried shallots on the beehoon when its still hot and garnish with eggs, luncheon meat and green onions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home